Thursday 19 July 2012

My 100 Favorite Things - Part V

I know I reached 100, but I thought of some more things which I really, really like! There are so many awesome things! 
You can find my other favourite things by clicking these links:

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV


Here is the fifth installment: 

  1. When people carry children on their back becuase they live in the Andes AND it's practical. The cloths are called aguayos and I like them a lot. LOOK! When I was in Bolivia I often wondered at what age it was acceptable to still be carried. Remember when you were a child and you would pretend you were too little and weak to walk but really you were just being a lazy shithead? Same goes for the kids in these cloths. One time, I swear I saw a kid who was pushing seven years. Poor mum. 
  2. Mochi icecream. I can't believe I only discovered mochi this year. That means that I have 22 years of mochi icecream-eating to catch up on. 
  3. A cappella, but only when men do it. (In 1913, some suffragette living in some place, threw herself under the King's horse. You may have thought this was me. Hint: It wasn't me.)
  4. The smell of tent. You might think it's kinda gross because I guess it smells like stale AND damp at the same time, but to me it smells more like memories and happiness and freedom.
  5. City lights at night. Especially when there is water. Then you get city lights, water, and city lights coming off the water!
  6. Little dogs who aren't of the rat variety and have the attitude of big dogs. 
  7. When it's dark outside but it actually isn't, because there is snow on the ground!
  8. Believing that Audrey Hepburn invented breakfast. Thanks, babe.
  9. Tiny sombreros.
  10. Animals wearing tiny sombreros. Here's a hedgehog/furzepig! Here's a thing! Maybe it's a bear
  11. Sleeping on my face with my limbs flayed everywhere. Is 'flayed' the right word? (Don't tell me to Google that shit. I'm not on my laptop.)
  12. Flirty baristas. HELLO! I didn't just come into this cafe to get a 2% capp and a platonic experience.
  13. Power ballads. All of us need an emotive chorus from time to time. Don't fight it!
  14. Doing a thing that your family did that you keep on doing even though there's no reason behind it and you don't even live with them anymore. SUNDAY NIGHT ICECREAM!
  15. The colour of honey when sunlight shines through it. 
  16. Sticking your middle finger up to the weather by eating icecream when it's cold and drinking coffee when it's hot. (I feel like I talk about icecream A LOT. Whatever. I like icecream. YOLO, bitchez!)
  17. Milkmen and how they used to deliver milk in glass bottles based on how many glass bottles you left out. I guess they got rid of this system because it was inefficient. For once, I say fuck efficiency. I want nostalgia and regular visits from someone just like Tevye. 
  18. Going to a new city/town that's just a little bit shit and realising that you're thankful that home is home.
  19. When you find things that look like dinosaurs. This one time I saw a chicken fillet thing that looked more like a velociraptor than a chicken fillet thing and it made my life complete. 
  20. Santa when he's not white. Asian santa. Black santa. Latino santa. Latino santa looks like a creeper. 
  21. Finding some food which has gone bad and deciding to keep it as a science experiment and NOT getting sick by all the spores which are taking over the whole apartment. (Apparently apple butter is supposed to go in the fridge. No big loss. LET'S SEE HOW WEIRD IT CAN GET!)
  22. Pretending you're a tortoise when you're having beers, because in tortoise years, you've only had four!
  23. When you're carrying something dangerous in your bag like a banana or yoghurt or some juicy food in a flimsy container and it doesn't leak/explode over all your school books or your sweater and ruin your life. 
  24. Telling people the answers to yes/no questions in binary.
  25. Seeing people run to catch the bus because it isn't you!
I hope you liked my list of things and that you had a great day.

Will blog again sooooon yay!

Liz Tritops

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment