Thursday 16 February 2012

My 100 Favorite Things - Part II

Hey you!

Here are some more things which I like. It's a continuation of this list. 
  1. Watching animals stretch. Check out this little guy. Is he even a dog? 
  2. Handheld transceivers. Tin can telephones - also fun.  
  3. Pachyderms. I think they're pretty special. You look at them and think 'you're just a big grey blob'. True... but there's nothing else quite like them.
  4. Streakers at sport. Surprise nudity is almost always excellent. 
  5. Seeing angry people in the rain.
  6. Avocado. I hadn't even tried avocado until I was 15 or something. I've got 15 years of avocado eating to catch up on. 
  7. SOMEONE BUILD ME A TREEHOUSE BECAUSE I WANT ONE.  
  8. When you eat something that's so spicy and it hurts heaps and you have to chug milk and then you know everything's going to be okay because you don't die.
  9. Squirtle. It's a turtle that can squirt. Very clever. 
  10. Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. But NOT Home Alone 3 or Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House. I won't lie to you and tell you that I have seen the fourth installment. I'm sure it's equally as offensive as Home Alone 3. 
  11. Vodka.
  12. Being inside a sleeping bag inside a tent inside a room (with vodka is even more excellent. And maybe some other people too because sometimes I like people. (Optional extra.))
  13. Crappy Powerpoint presentations which you had to make when you were a kid and your teachers probably thought they were good because they didn't know what technology was and you could spend 10 hours chatting to your friends on MSN Messenger lmao rofl (pl). (pl) was the emoticon for plate. NO LIE. Why would you ever even send that to anyone‽ 'Oh hey Tom! Here have a virtual plate! (pl) LOL.'  Meanwhile, back at the Batcave, the rest of the time you played with WordArt and probably made titles that utilised the 'bend' effect and had ALL the colours. You thought they were KEWL. 
  14. Getting pudding when you weren't expecting it. (Fruit doesn't count. Unless it's mango. Maybe.) 
  15. When a song is sooo much more than 'just a song' because it's a MOTHAFUCKING DUET!!!! I like interaction. Duets are underrated. 
  16. Seeing poor children smile. 
  17. When you bump into someone that you know from one place but you're both in a different place. And you're all like 'Wow! What the eff are you doing here' and shit gets CRAY-ZEE.
  18. Wes Anderson films. I like his colours and the dry humour. And then BAM he makes up a sport which should exist in real life. Whackbat is like the perfect child of cricket and Calvinball.  
  19. Calvinball. I wish Calvinball masks were mandatory in day-to-day activities. 
  20. Troy and Abed. I want Troy to marry me and I want Abed to be my friend. PLEASE. PICK ME PICK ME. 
  21. Piñatas. You're blind, you try and hit something with a stick, people laugh at you, you try and hit something with stick again, you maybe break it, you get lots of lollies. Great progression. Simple, but effective. 
  22. When you're driving through an intersection and you sneeze and you don't die. 
  23. When I brush my teeth, floss my teeth, and do the mouthwash-thing all in the same oral hygiene session. It's like an oral hygiene orgasm.
  24. Highland cattle. They're so ridiculous looking. 
  25. Wearing a sports uniform because I'm in a team and I like sport. 
  26. When I bake a cake that looks good AND tastes good. 
  27. Super-muscly children from former Soviet countries. I don't really know if they exist very often, but I like to think they do. 


Here are some children. They are poor but still smiling! 


Smiling Bolivian Children


Smiling Thai Child


In other news:
This week a teenager said to me: "You must like Eminem because you have a really good vocabulary." Wow. Fairplay, kid. 
I am in Auckland today. I have an important interview for my Visa to let me work in the USA tomorrow so I'm a little nervous! I hope they're not cunts about the process. 
I also get to see some people who I think are okay, and it's much warmer here. 




I should sleep now. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment