Wednesday 18 September 2013

LizPoints 2.0

I have had to revise my old points system because I'm so freakin' dynamic and all about adapting.
I used to play a really fun game where if enough of a my pre-determined, unlikely and/or awesome things happened in one day, then I got me some icecream. It was more fun than a pillow fight in a tree hut. This game has become outdated and I need to upgrade to LizPoints 2.0. It really is like a little window would periodically pop-up in my brain. It looked like this:

For ages, I clicked the middle box. Recently I have realised how many potential treats I am missing out on. Here is how LizPoints 2.0 works:

For each of the following, I accrue one point: 

  • Arriving at work at exactly half-past. 
  • A child that I dislike immensely doesn't come to class. 
  • Seeing a Korean with a pet dog that isn't tiny. 
  • Finishing a TV series. There is nothing quite like that strange combination of accomplishment and emptiness that comes after a Netflix binge. Why not numb the pain with a point. 
  • Eating a mango coconut smoothie with bubble.
  • Seeing a Korean with an alternative hairstyle. 
  • Getting an exciting thing in the mail. 
  • Seeing a couple wearing matching outfits. 


Some things from my old points system are still current. Here they are:

  • Seeing an animal which I have never seen before. Let's go to the zoo!
  • Waking up just before my alarm goes off. JUST before. 
  • Running when it's dark and I not get attacked by clowns, rapists, or drop bears.
  • Thinking about someone who I never see and then I see them on the same day!
  • Saying hello to a new dog that I haven't said hello to before.
  • Seeing someone in a pinstripe suit. 
  • Seeing someone smoke a cigar.

NB: You cannot accrue more than one point for any given activity. Example: Seeing two alternative hairstyles in the same day does not win you two points. 


If I earn 10 points in a day, I get a prize. 

The Prize:

Mango coconut smoothie with bubble. You may notice that I get a point when I have one of these anyway. So, if I'm already on nine points for the day, all I need to do is drink one of these guys and then I get another one pronto. Nice tactical move on my part. 

I love mango. I love coconut. I love bubble. I love smoothie. 
And that was my story.

They say with 'bubble' because why add an 's' to pluralise anything? And why not make up words like 'pluralise'?

Other thoughts from me this week:

  • Tomorrow I'm going camping. Korean style. This is probably where there is a dairy 10 minutes walk away. 
  • I really like the smell of tent. I'm sure some people think it's mildew-y and gross, but hey, these are probably the same kind of people who brush their teeth in the shower. I think tents smell like freedom and spooning.  
  • I really hope I wake up and I don't remember which way the tent is facing. I don't get that kind of disorientation everyday. Like if I went outside everyday and forgot which way my apartment had been facing. That would be messed up. 
  • I need more brunch dates in my life. NEVER. STOP. BRUNCHING. 
Hey guys. If you want to waste your time on something, then pick this:




LOVEYOUBYE

Liz Tritops

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment