Monday 9 September 2013

Why Is This So Hard?!

I haven't been able to blog recently. I tried, but nothing happened. When I was at uni, I would get bored of learning about supply and demand so I would write. When I was in Portland I was surrounded by strange people and it made me want to write about them and myself, and the things that they made me think about. Portland is so weird. A lot of the people there try so hard for the city to not be middle America. Let's love 'soccer' and be overly-outspoken Atheists!  Then you would see someone ride past naked on a bike and nek minnit, you're drowning in Kale chips, feeling all inspired and shit. 
I came to a country where there's not much conforming to anti-conformity. I stopped feeling creative and I think I even got a little bit boring. Everything stopped.

Here's what I've done instead of writing:

- Become better at napping.
- Eat even less things that come from animals.
- Develop some new insecurities. Thanks, Korea.
- Try not to give a fuck.
- Hate Seoul a few times and then start to like it. Somewhat.
- Learn that white rice works okay for Koreans but not for me. 
- Experience 'pedestrian rage' like never before.

Recently I started making lists again and I even made a flowchart, too! 

Here is my list of things that are really quite hard for me when they probably shouldn't be. I hope they are also hard for you or otherwise I am actually special.
  • Spelling 'd-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y'. This website might help. Or it might not. 
  • Taking clothing off in the car. 
  • Resisting reading the comments on a YouTube video. I fail, and subsequently lose any faith in humanity again.
  • Habitually disposing of empty gum wrappers. Yeah so right now I probably have a collection of 22 and a half in my handbag. Shit is WILD in thurr. 
  • Remembering where the deodorant is when away on holiday. 
  • Recounting a dream and making it sound interesting. Most likely, nobody cares. 
  • Finding a can-opener that does what it is supposed to. They are supposed to open cans. Often, they don't. 
  • Finding a manly man who tweets. Just because. 
  • Listening to just one power ballad.
  • Flossing daily.
  • Not eating ALL the peanut butter when there is nobody around to judge. 
  • Having less than 4 tabs open at any given time. I like to think I can achieve all the things, all the time.  Right now, this is what I'm working with. 

  • But really...are eskimos flammable?  
  • Washing my stuffed animal more than once every three years. 
Other Thoughts From Me:
  • Sometimes I like things that are coloured like animals. Example: Black and yellow socks. Then I can feel a little bit like a bee. This may or may not help me in life. 
  • I want to say things like "Do you all have a copy of the agenda?" and "Let's set up some parameters." but I don't even want a job like that. 
  • Where are the tree huts in my life. 

This is quite cute. WATCH IT! 




Mischief managed, guys

Thanks for reading. I will post more often now coz I feel like it again. Really.

Liz Triceratops

xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. Liz. I just like you so much. No homo. But seriously. Be more in my life. I know you suck at having all the tabs open. I only every have three cos then I'm like holla back. Brain is being divided into small grey rectangular pieces. (I have a maths test in like an hour, very little sense will be had).
    PS did I say I like you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like you too, Ruby. I hope the maths went well. Dress well test well!

      Delete
  2. I have 61 tabs open at the moment. Surprisingly to the rest of the world that is actually a small number of tabs for me than normal because I did a purge of tabs this morning. I am also barred from reading the comments section on stuff articles. Flossing evades me... It is really high on my life goals list.

    Miss you tritops. Keep up the blog, it adds fun to my day.
    Jayde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaysus! 61 tabs! BUT HOW?!
      I try to bar myself from reading Stuff articles at all, but it's hard work.
      Recently I finished my first whole roll of floss. It was a momentous occasion.

      Delete
  3. I often have the same problem with blogging. My personal blog is always overflowing with posts because I dump all my photos on it, but my geeky blog often goes for a few months between posts.

    I am writing a blog post right now which mentions you in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing information.
    Also we must know about Top 10 Cutest Small Dog Breeds in the World

    ReplyDelete