Tuesday 20 November 2012

I Don't Go To Work Today

Most days I go to work, but some days, I don't.

A day off in the life of Liz is not as exciting as it should be. Warning: Writing about to-do list features heavily, however actually doing things on to-do list doesn't happen so much. 

Here is what I do:

  • Make to-do list
  • On to-do list, put down a few things that I did last night and cross them off. That way, I will not feel like a total failure today. 
  • Make list of food that I like from other countries. Why? Because I like lists, and I like food.  Feel sad that I will never be in one place where it is easy to obtain all of these foods. List contains dulce de leche, mangos all the time and I want at least one a day but for 20c only, mango sticky rice, more mangos, milo, peanut butter cups, empanadas, Gingernuts, Ben and Jerry's, Marmite, this really good beer that I had in Canada and no I am never turning into a beer snob but it was actually amazing. 
  • Who is this Honey Boo Boo character? Research must be done.
  • Watch episode.
  • Regret decision. 
  • Realise I cannot concentrate on actual things without a clean workspace.
  • Clean workspace.
  • Clean more things, because I can't just clean one thing. Clean thing is making dirty things look even dirtier in comparison. 
  • I want to run.
  • Remember that I can't run and get angry about it.
  • I could do some other kind of exercise right? Or I could angrily eat candy corn instead. 
  • Choose the latter. 
  • Check news from home. On front cover of news website will invariably be a picture of a six-year-old boy who found a rusty old coin in his neighbour's garden. 
  • How do I make quinoa really fluffy? Apparently quinoa has recently gone mainstream. Do I even want it anymore? It used to be the grain 'you've probably never heard of'. Currently imagining tiny quinoa thingies with moustaches and fixies. 
  • Do personal admin, such as replying to emails and balancing my books. I need a personal assistant STAT.  
  • Make grocery list. Yes, grocery list is on to-do list. So right now I have a to-do list of to-do lists. Brilliant. 
  • Don't bother putting empanadas or mango sticky rice on grocery list. 
  • Find sleeping bag because it's cold.
  • Make tea because it's still cold AND bitchez love tea. 
  • Get drunk and ask all the boys if I'm pretty. 
  • LOL JK.
  • Eat quinoa, but it isn't as fluffy as predicted. It's okay though, I guess. Fluffy isn't even my favourite texture of food so don't worry. At least it didn't turn into a paste. I think I like gummy things the best.
  • Take photo of grocery list? Will it look backwards on Photo Booth? Is it like a mirror? How does that even work? Why do I look so weird on Photo Booth?
  • Pull silly face.
  • Take photo.
  • Repeat.
  • Shit. Photo Booth DOES do the backwards mirror thing. Use camera. 
  • Show grocery list to you guys because I'm so narcissistic.
  • I'm doing this thing where I listen to all the music on my iTunes and delete the stuff that I don't want. I do this because sometimes my music is on shuffle and some indie electronic crap will come on. Song might not even have any words, which means I don't know how I should feel inside. I have no idea how the heck it got on my iTunes and who even sings it. Where I was going with this is right now I'm up to the part where my favourite christmas carol is being sung by N Sync a cappella-style so yes I'm okay right now. And yes, this song is a keeper.  
  • Go to supermarket. Still getting distracted by all the American things, especially in the cereal isle and the candy isle. And the frozen isle.
  • Write on to-do list things that I did this morning which weren't already on to-do list, so I feel as though I have stuck to to-do list. Yes, I even put 'eat candy corn' and 'shower' on to-do list. 
  • Go and play in trampoline park in Portland because bouncing should always be fun, no matter how old you are. Trampoline park was on to-do list. Also, every day off needs at least one fun activity. 

THE END

Here is my grocery list:



I hope you like it. 

Other thoughts from me this week:

  • I think a great way to exert superiority is to start calling people 'serfs' and 'bastards' (but in a loving way). Let's bring those words back.  
  • MUST.BUY.CHRISTMAS.JUMPER.
  • This week I learned that dogs can get stuck when they are mating. Apparently there are two kinds of people in the world: those who know about this and those who don't. Half the people I told this were all like 'No shit, Liz. You're dumb. Have you been living under a rock?' The other half were just as surprised as me. So yeah. That happens. You're welcome. 
  • Here. Watch this. Cat's are dogs, too.

Have a great week

Bye

Liz Tritops

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I am happy that I taught you something this week. About dogs getting stuck of course. So I guess I fall into teh half that says, "no shit, Liz". and cats are NOT dogs. btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best teacher! I am now concerned about what else cats do when we are not around.

    ReplyDelete