Tuesday 27 December 2011

Long Division, Interrobang, and Things I Find Offensive

I have many thoughts and sometimes I like to write them down. Often I babble or go off on tangents. Other times I make venn diagrams or flowcharts or lists. Compiling a flowchart of venn diagrams is pretty much my dream; as of yet I don't have the subject matter or the smarts. Another dream of mine is to be rich enough to wear a new pair of socks every day. My favourite pickup line is "Hey, I'm wearing a new pair of socks!". At first he'll probably be as confused as an American watching Monty Python. But then he'll be all like "WOW! You must be so awesome and comfortable!" That's when I win! 
Also - Boys: If you pick up and you're wearing your cap backwards, you get double points. 


I have a confession. I still don't know how to do long division. I swear from when I was 6 to 12, probably around 20 million different adults tried to teach it to me but I never got it. I could do all the other maths. And all the other kids could do long division. Even the kid with the permanently snotty nose. You know the one. 
This is how I tried to do it:



Here's a list I made. It's called: 


Things I Find Offensive

  • People who don't like dogs.
  • When people put 'much?' on to the end of adjectives. Hate much? 
  • Tyra Banks.
  • Personalised number plates. I saw one yesterday which said 'LIE'. On a boy racer car. What are you tryna tell me? You like to lie? You're a compulsive liar?  Is the car a lie? Do you often like to lie down on things? Or are you lying about being a liar? Wait....are you lying about lying about being a liar? Witty.You're so fucking kewl!!!! I bet you have a MASSIVE PENIS. CoMe CRuzN WiT mE Lyk OmG LEtZ GeT FUCkD Up WiT dA BoYZ  LOLZ HuN xoxoxo JK.
  • Energy drinks. 
  • Xzibit. 
  • People who just sit/stand there with their mouths a little too open. Even if they are the smartest kid around it still makes them look they're a fry short of a Happy Meal. Oi you! Close your mouth! 
  • Pants which are slightly too short. Next time, put some cream on your shoes and invite your pants down for scones and jam. 
  • 'Fragment. (Consider revising)'
  • Leaving crumbs in the spread. C'mon. Figure it out. It's not rocket surgery. 
  • When I ask someone what their favourite dinosaur is and they say 'I don't really know any dinosaurs'.


I recently discovered the interrobang (probably one of the best days of my life). It's an exclamation mark superimposed on a question mark. Can be used for things such as 'You call that a hat‽' And when you say 'interrobang' you have to shout it and also say it like a question. You should use it. Let's make this big. 

I have to go chop up some fruit now. Thanks for tuning in. 

Liz Tritops 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh.... I love you but I hate you but this is... beautiful.
    Have my grammar babies.
    I want a pickup line too. A subtle one.
    Miss you
    xoxox
    Fattipuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, Ruby. I almost thought you were mad at me for a second. I already have warm and fuzzy feelings of nostalgia from our old blog. I loved our collaboration!
    xoxoxo
    See you soon for a skype coffee date.
    Our grammer babies would be sexy.
    I'm wearing new socks tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like. (I'm on a website that is not facebook and I'm scared and don't really know how to deal). =\

    ReplyDelete