Monday 18 March 2013

This Has No Theme

So I moved to Korea. I'm in a small-ish city (by Korean standards I'm in the 'countryside'). It's around 90 minutes away from Seoul. I'm teaching English here. 
I hope that this has never been a wanky travel blog and that it never will be. 

With that being said, I will share a few little things from my new life here:

  • The list of ways I feel like a pirate is definitely adding up 1.) I can't speak good. 2.) The fruit and vege situation here points to me getting scurvy.
  • No one runs outside here. People stare at me because I am white, and because I am running. 
  • Portland was like a facial hair oasis. I may not have appreciated this enough. First Korean man I see with some nice beard/moustache/maybe-just-a-bit-of-stubble won't know what hit him.  

Here's a list things that I made. I don't think they are related. Let's not even look for a theme, okay? 

  • Recently I went without caffeine for about a week. I learnt something new about myself: Me without caffeine is horrific. My whole body hurts, especially my head. Even if I actually like you, I don't like you. I will stare at you and say 'I'm grumpy', while squinting my eyes and expecting you to do something about it. 
  • Bananas are actually berries.
  • At my old job, I was trying to sell 'water resistant' things to people by saying they're 'kind of waterproof'. I did this for a LONG time. This doesn't even make sense! 
  • Elephants can stop a rolling apple without bruising it 'coz they have mad foot skillz. 
  • Carpe diem.
  • So there's this thing called breakfast pizza. Maybe you should make it. 
  • Fuck this suggestion:

 
  • Ben and Jerry's can disappoint. A few weeks ago before I left the USA I brought a pint of the Cheesecake Brownie flavour, and I'm thinking 'Well isn't this just going to be yummy! I like cheesecake and brownies!' Then I eat some and the icecream doesn't even taste like cheesecake and there are hardly any of the little brownie chunks. Lesson: If you want cheesecake and brownies, just eat cheesecake and brownies. 
  • Thanks to 'Murica (esp. Portland), I am now quite fond of bridges. Like, bridges are actually really great. 
  • If I ever own a boat, it WILL look like a pirate ship. 
  • Here's a quote from my good friend Paige, and a great philosophy: "I like calluses. If your skin's too soft, you're not doing life right." 
  • Moving and not wasting anything in my kitchen cupboards is a talent that I have yet to master. 
Thoughts from me THIS week:
  • Let's share feelings on brushing your teeth in the shower. Do you do it? Have you tried it? I've tried it, and I think it's warm and weird, and I don't like the toothpaste swimming around my feet for some reason. 
  • Something in life that I dislike is that feeling right before you go to bed where you don't know if you need to pee or not. 
  • I suppose I should try and make you watch some kind of video now. I do that. This is my friend Eli. He does comedy and he's great. 




Thanks for reading! 

I like you all.

Liz Tritops

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it! I'm still waiting for my decision tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. I'm the worst. I love it that you call them decision trees! It sounds more friendly than 'flowchart'.

    ReplyDelete